I don't like trying to guess what's going on. Two plus two should equal four every time. There are no new derivatives that make it equal to more than four. You know what I mean, don't you? One minute they are saying, "I want you all to myself. I want you to be in my life forever. You are the one I been searching for all these years." Then, just hours, days or weeks later...they won't accept my call or return my text messages (within 24 hours). What is that all about?
Even worst, I don't like the strange excuses that follow the "missing-in-action" episodes. Come on let's review the "Top Ten Excuses" and the most difficult to dispute:
1) I left/lost my cell phone - at the gas station, restaurant, friend's house or at work.
2) My cell phone battery was dead and I didn't have the charger with me.
3) I have just been so busy at work, with family or with a dying friend (That's a real hard one to challenge).
4) I was just too embarrassed to face you or I was afraid of what you might say.
5) I broke my phone - I dropped it, it fell in the pool or off the car roof.
6) I needed some time to think, time to be alone.
7) I was getting too attached to you so I had to back off. I am not ready emotionally for this kind of commitment.
8) You deserve someone better than me, a football player, basketball player, a doctor or an independently wealthy man, not someone as "simple/plain" as I am.
9) I am jealous of all the other men who are flirting with you daily, I just can't compete. I just want to give up.
10) You don't want me anymore, I could tell from our last conversation. So, I just walked away to make it easy for you to find someone better.
These are just a few of the maddening excuses for not being "fully present" in the relationship. Why can't they just be honest? It would be refreshing to hear, "I am not really sure about us. I want to get to know other people as well." "Let me be frank,I have another girl that I have been seeing and I am not quite over her." "Give me a little rope, I am not yet ready to commit to you." "I am just playing the field, don't take our relationship so seriously." "Hey, I am just a dog trying to get a bone." "Can we just be sex-buddies?" I would just like the opportunity to know all the facts and then to choose if I still want to be in the relationship. Let me have a say in the game.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment